Spousal Sponsorship:  Husband, Wife, Common-law partner

Processing times on average are between 8 to 12 months, depending on the visa office responsible for processing the application.  Some larger visa offices such as the USA can process applications as fast as 4 to 6 months.

All applications for both Inland and Outland Sponsorship are submitted to CPC-M in Mississauga.  Once an application is deemed to be complete with all required forms and documents, and the sponsor is eligible, the application is forwarded for further processing. Incomplete applications are returned 3 months later.


  1. Spouse and Common-Law Sponsorship

    There are 2 types of applications for Spouse and Common-Law Sponsorship

    Outland Spousal Sponsorship:  your application will be processed through the visa office in the sponsored spouse's country of citizenship or where they legally reside (if outside Canada).  If you and your Spouse/Common-law partner live together in Canada, you can still apply under this category.  Applying under this category will make you eligible to Appeal a refusal. You will not have rights to appeal for an Inland Spousal Application.

    Inland Spousal Sponsorship (Spouse or Common-Law in-Canada category): your application will be processed in Canada and you and your sponsor MUST live together.  The person being sponsored MUST have temporary status in Canada as a worker, student, or visitor.  The person being sponsored may be eligible for an Open Work Permit.

  2. Parental Sponsorship

    ​The Canadian Government recently made changes to the Parent and Grandparent program as part of their commitment to re-uniting family in Canada.  These changes will simplify and expedite the application process resulting in faster processing times. 10,000 applicants will be invited to apply in 2018.

  3. Dependant Child Sponsorship

    You can sponsor a dependant child or a child you plan to adopt for Permanent Residency in Canada.  Currently, the eligible age for a dependant is 18 or younger, however the government of Canada have been considering to increase the age to 21 or younger sometime in the near future.

  4. Other Relative Family Sponsorship

    You can sponsor other relatives besides your immediate family members under certain circumstances

    ​You can sponsor:​Your brother, sister, nephew, niece, grandson or granddaughter, who are orphaned, under the age of 18, and not married or in a common-law relationship