Express Entry is a selection system the Canadian Government implemented to expedite the selection and application process for various Economic Immigration Programs. It is predominantly an electronic process with online submissions which allows for quicker processing times, averaging around 6 months.
The following programs are processed by Express Entry
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
The Federal Skilled Worker program is part of the Economic Class and this is managed by the Express Entry program. Approximate processing times are currently 6 months once an Invitation to Apply (ITA) is received.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Canadian Experience Class requirements:
- Have obtained at least one year of full-time skilled, professional or technical work experience in Canada within 36 months of the application date. Self-Employment or work experience gained while being a full-time student does not count.
- Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC)
Federal Skilled Trades Class requirements:
Have offers of employment from up to two employers in Canada of at least one year duration OR a Certificate of Qualification from a provincial or territorial body
- Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP)
PNP programs are another option to immigrate to Canada if you do not have enough points to be selected under Express Entry or not eligible for any other immigration category
The Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) allow Canadian provinces and territories to nominate individuals who wish to immigrate to Canada and who are interested in settling in a particular province.